This range of Twistlocks has been designed to secure ISO and special containers to rigid vehicles, trailer chassis and rail wagons in environmental conditions ranging from tropical to sub-zero.
BLR 149/NRS3 (shown with optional third lock)
This twistlock offers the following important advantages:
- Simply fitted to vehicle/chassis, usually by welding.
- Weldable cast steel body and forged steel stem ensure rugged strength and durability.
- Securing head remains above deck for loading containers in the shortest possible time.
- Handnut feature provides security.
- For additional security, the optional third lock prevents accidental unscrewing of the handnut. Note: This twistlock IS suitable for tipping applications, but MUST be fitted with high tensile stem. (BLR 149/NRS3 HTS)
Weight: 8.1 kg 17.8 lbs
Click to enlarge/print in PDF format
OPERATIONAL PROCEDURE TO LOCK:
Twistlock in load position without container, handle facing forward.
1. Lift locking pin clear of handnut (BLR 149 NRS3 only) 2. Fully unscrew handnut. 3. Load container onto vehicle. 4. Turn handle 90° left or right, until index is engaged. 5. Fully tighten handnut. 6. Lower locking pin
Twistlock in locked position with container, handle facing left or right