This range of Twistlocks has been designed to secure ISO and special containers to rigid vehicles, trailer chassis and rail wagons in environmental conditions ranging from tropical to sub-zero.
BLR 148/RS Mk1
BLR 148/RS3 Mk1
This Twistlock offers the following important advantages:
- A.A.R. & TUV Approved
- Simply fitted to vehicle/chassis, usually by welding.
- Weldable cast steel body and forged steel stem to ensure rugged strength and durability.
- Securing head retracts below deck level to allow the carriage of non-containerized loads.
- Head can be engaged with container in position, and advantage to swop-body builders.
- Optional third lock prevents accidental unscrewing of handnut, as an additional safety feature. (BLR 148/RS3 only)
Note: This twistlock is NOT recommended for tipping applications. (See BLR 149 NRS 3HTS .)
Weight: BLR148/RS Mk1 = 10 kg (22 lbs.)
BLR148/RS3 Mk1 = 10.2 kg (22.4 lbs.)
Click to enlarge and/or print in PDF format
OPERATIONAL PROCEDURE TO LOCK:
Twistlock in retracted position with handle turned to left.
1. Fully unscrew handnut. 2. Turn handle through 90° until index is engaged and handle is facing outward. 3. Load container onto vehicle. 4. Fully raise head and turn handle 90° to the left until index is engaged. 5. Tighten handnut. 6. Lower pin between handnut spokes (BLR 148/RS3 only).
1. Lift pin clear of handnut spokes (BLR 148/RS3 only) 2. Fully unscrew handnut. 3. Raise head, turn handle 180° to the right until index is engaged. 4. Turn handle back through 90° until index is engaged and handle is facing outwards. 5. Head will now retract. 6. Remove container from vehicle. 7. Turn handle 90° to left. 8. Tighten up handnut.