This range of Twistlocks has been designed to secure ISO and special containers to rigid vehicles, trailer chassis and rail wagons in environmental conditions ranging from tropical to sub-zero.
BLR 148/RS Mk2
BLR 148/RS3 Mk2
This Twistlock offers the following important advantages:
- A.A.R. & TUV Approved
- Simply fitted to vehicle/chassis, usually by welding.
- Weldable cast steel body and forged steel stem to ensure rugged strength and durability.
- Screwdown feature provides extra security.
- Optional third lock prevents accidental unscrewing of the handnut, as an additional safety feature. (BLR 148/RS3 only)
Note: This twistlock is NOT recommended for tipping applications. (See BLR 149 NRS 3HTS.)
Weight: BLR148/RS Mk2 = 9.7 kg (21.3 lbs.)
BLR148/RS3 Mk2 = 9.8 kg (21.6 lbs.)
Click to enlarge and/or print in PDF format
OPERATIONAL PROCEDURE TO LOCK:
Twistlock in retracted position with handle either to left or right.
1. Fully unscrew handnut. 2. Full raise head and turn handle through 90° until index is engaged and handle is facing outward. 3. Load container onto vehicle. 4. Turn handle 90° either left or right until index is engaged. 5. Fully tighten handnut 6. Lower pin between handnut spokes (BLR 148/RS3 only)
1. Lift pin clear of handnut spokes (BLR 148/RS3 only) 2. Fully unscrew handnut. 3. Raise head and turn handle 90° until index is engaged and handle is facing outward. 4. Remove container from vehicle. 5. Turn handle 90° to left or right and head will retract. 6. Tighten up handnut. 7. Lower pin between spokes (BLR 148/RS3 only).